Today I had one of those moments that don't happen very often. The moments when just for a brief time, maybe a few seconds, maybe a few minutes, where everything feels perfect. I woke up early to do some work at the coffee shop and got some important work done so I felt accomplished. I was driving down the road in a really neat little town I'm starting to enjoy more and more, with a coffee in my hand, with the windows down and good loud music playing. The temperature was perfect, my taste buds were satisfied, I felt ok with being in North Carolina, and all-in-all, I was pretty happy. I even smiled to myself.

But it only lasted for about 10 or 15 seconds.

I immediately started thinking about reality. I had just checked my credit card and bank accounts online before then, and all of the sudden I had a stark realization that I am the deepest in debt I've ever been with a job that doesn't pay enough to make a dent in it. I don't even have a car of my own after my Subaru tragedy. I thought of my housing situation at home, my support raising realities that are hard to swallow, relationships gone sour and hard feelings, and felt my body fall into this state of dread and anxiety. I've been wanting to burst into tears all morning.


But I thought to myself during all of this: I wonder if Heaven is like those 15 seconds of total satisfaction that I had this morning, and have once in a while. What if, for eternity, we can experience a complete and utter contentment and joy? That's what Heaven is, right? Can you imagine that? Can you imagine removing every single source of stress and anxiety from your mind for more than a few seconds?


Just think, that joy I experienced for a brief moment is what it'll feel like forever. I wonder if God ever purposefully removes that anxiety like what happened this morning to give us a tiny tiny glimpse of what Heaven will be like. Just a taste of His glory. I don't know if He does or if that's biblically correct, but I wonder.


How I look forward to the day I'll be in everlasting bliss with my Lord.

1 comments:

Seggi said...

Yes! I have those moments from time to time and they definitely make me look forward to heaven. And the really high point about it is, that It would be probably even 100000000000 (have no idea how much that is) times better :)