I just got back from watching "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed" in the theater. I was so curious about it, I went by myself, which was kinda lame but I survived. Basically I just wanted to regurgitate a few of the points I heard, along with my own opinion scattered around.

One of the biggest points that Ben Stein was trying to make was that the freedom of speech in the scientific community is nothing but a myth. There is not the freedom to truly question the authoritative views of Darwinian evolution, the powerhouse of modern science. Questioning this theory (and it IS still a theory) and questioning the people, schools, and organizations that believe in it, means that individuals are now putting themselves at a very big risk of many negative outcomes. Such outcomes could present themselves as being fired from their job, being ridiculed both personally and professionally, and overall being tagged an ignorant radical fool with no scientific merit.

Questioning the authority, Stein concurred, does not necessarily simply mean to say that they are refuting all theories of evolution and accepting creationism and the theory of the Christian God. No, questioning the authority only means to suggest that there might be room to think about accepting the idea of the possibility of intelligent design. It was said over and over by different individuals in the interviews that one should not "challenge the consensus view". Stein found this unbelievably ironic, because at the time when Darwin proposed his theory of evolution, he was questioning the consensus view! Look how he has turned the scientific community upside down!

Many evolutionists think that creationists believe that Darwin was completely false in his presumptions and findings about evolution. It is a proven fact though, and only the most ignorant scientists and humans can deny this, that evolution does take place. Not "Darwinian evolution", but the actual simple definition of evolution which means change over time. We cannot deny that the world has changed over it's course of existence, and so have species. So we don't believe that Darwin was totally off in all of his findings, in fact some of his findings were just factual and quite true. The problem comes, however, when Darwin tried to use his theories of evolution to explain the origin of life and development. Hence his book, On the Origin of Species written in 1859. He tried to use simple theories of change in species to explain how life had started, though not from the actual beginning of life, rather filling in the gaps between creation and now. A leading evolutionist in his field told Stein in the interview that Darwin's theories looked like "a room of smoke", filled with evidence that was very clouded and unclear. This shocked Stein.

One thing that personally never ceases to amaze me is hearing the theories of the actual origins of life from evolutionists. It is no exaggeration to say that evolutions believe that the origin of life developed somehow, someway, from either crystals, mutations, primordial sludge, or aliens. And they call creationism a bunch of fairy tales! Come on! If that doesn't sound like a bad science fiction movie, I don't know what does. I just think that's hilarious that they call us foolish and turn around and say we came from crystals. It's also funny how no evolutionist can describe exactly where they believe life originated from. For example, they may say we came from crystals or sludge- but where did the crystals or sludge come from? Where is the actual ORIGIN of the species? They don't know.

Another rhetorical fallacy is when evolutions start sentences in a debate like this: "Since the bible is a bunch of fairy tales and only people that base science on fairy tales are ignorant morons, then...." You will notice when talking to any evolutionists that they soon give up on scientific evidence and use their own beliefs of anti-Christianity to defeat the creationist before they even open their mouths. Defending Darwinism quickly turns to attacking religion. This is a cop-out in any debate situation.

One pro-evolution biology professor even admitted that by believing in evolution there is no deep meaning in life, there is no hope, and there is no God. Isn't it so tragic to think about the lives that these people lead that consist of no meaning, hope or God, especially when they themselves admit it? That brings euthanasia, abortion and genocide to a completely different level, does it not? Since we are just a bag of bones that have morphed from a crystal, then why should we cherish life?

One reason that I think so many evolutionists, and the evolutionist powerhouse is so afraid to even think about accepting the idea that there could be a form of intelligent design, is that by disproving evolution you approve creation and/or God. They can't let go of their theories because their theory is their life. This is why people do not have the freedom to speak up against evolution, because it would being down a regime of lies and propaganda. And yes, evolution has turned into propaganda.

However, evolutionists think that we are in the same boat- that taking away creationism means taking away the Bible. And taking away the bible would be like taking away an old woman's knitting needle. So they condescend to us and say we can have our fairy tales while they deal with the real science, but that is the biggest lie of it all. They are only protecting the remains of a failing ideology!

Throughout the film, Stein often showed scenes of the Berlin wall. He compared this debate to the wall, which I thought was very interesting. He said that evolution has spiraled into a place where people have the "freedom" of new and different ideas as long as they're restricted to stay within the boundaries of the wall. Outside of the wall, outside of Darwinian evolution, is outside of respected science. Speaking of respected science, I really like how Stein made an effort to show that not all creationists are ignorant morons. He showed very well educated and well spoken professors defending their science- in a society that makes Christians look like dumb, naive, two-teethed redneck pigs, I so appreciated him trying to show the world what Christians really look like.

All in all, I highly recommend this film. I commend Stein for making it, and have a new respect for him (added on to my prior respect for him for wearing Simple brand tennis shoes with his fancy suit). I'll admit that there were a few things said in the interviews that made me flinch just a little bit. It's hard for me to hear when very smart and intimidating men say that the Bible is a hoax and a fairy tale and nobody but complete idiots believe it. Not that I believe that, obviously, but it always pokes me the wrong way. So be prepared for that. I have been extremely interested in evolution vs. creation for many many years now, especially after my advanced biology course in high school where I said in front of the class that "Evolution is a bunch of crap" which made my evolution-teaching bio teacher's jaw drop to the floor. So this film was particularly interesting to me, though if you're not into this kind of thing, it'll probably be boring for you.

Anyway, go see the movie!

3 comments:

Benjamin Franklin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ande Truman said...

Whoever "Ben Franklin" is... not sure if I know you or not. If I do know you, that was kind of rude. If I don't know you, then don't bother coming back.

I appreciate opposing views on what I've written, but not when they're offensive.

I just got through writing a response to you in detail explaining my position, but instead I'll just keep my mouth shut as to not offend anyone, including you.

So peace out, Ben. Go invent something.

Ande Truman said...

Oh, and by the way doofus, I mean Ben, I don't claim to know everything about evolution and Darwin, and nowhere in my entry did I claim such an fact. If you read my first paragraph, you'd see that I was 'regurgitating' what I heard from the movie.