So a large part of hip-hop and rap originated mainly from Africa, namely west Africa. I was listening to a hip-hop station today and wondered to myself why there aren't more rappers from Africa. Not African-Americans, but people who really live there or who are new to a western country. Hate to bring on a marketing spin on it, but that would be a really great way to sell a rapper to the public- to bring the music back to its' roots by allowing an African to rap it. I'd totally get into it, especially if they had an African accent and/or used distinctive African tones or beats. Anyone know any African rappers?

I haven't been able to sleep worth anything in the past 3 or 4 weeks. It takes me so long to fall asleep, I wake up many times a night, dream like crazy, and wake up tired. Boo! So holy cow, have you ever tried melatonin to try to get to sleep? I stopped taking the pills, but tried melatonin tea tonight. I am officially encouraging you to try this if you can't sleep--cause I'm about to drool all over my keyboard I'm suddenly incredibly sleepy. Okay bye now.

0 comments: