So my mom has this prescription antibiotics she gave me to get rid of my infection (sinus infection maybe?) I'm usually against using antibiotics most of the time, especially for a simple infection like this as miserable as it is sometimes. Not to mention the ridiculous cost of seeing the doctor and getting the prescription just so you can shorten your cold symptoms a few days. It's just not worth it to me- I REALLY wanna talk about my theories on taking medicine, but I'll refrain since I'm trying to make my posts shorter so maybe people will read them...

And I was just about to pop one... until I decided to check out the medication, Avelox, on the internet to make sure it was okay, since I'm allergic to Asprin. I saw the Avelox website and everything looked good. Then I checked Drugs.com to find out side effects so in case I had an allergic reaction I'd know what's up. (BTW, I've had one before and it was one of the worst feelings I've ever had!) So here is the list of possible side effects from taking Avelox.... (cut and pasted from the website, without their fluffy language)

..."convulsions and other problems with the nervous system, agitation, anxiety, dizziness, confusion, depression, hallucinations, nervousness, nightmares, tremors, suicidal thoughts, tendon ruptures, serious intestinal inflammation, diarrhea, peripheral neuropathy, muscle weakness, paralysis, pain or numbness, a burning sensation, a "pins and needles" sensation, avoid excess sunlight and tanning beds, dangerous bowel inflammation, dizziness or light-headedness, heart irregularities, palpitations or fainting spells"...

Ya know folks? Honestly, I'd rather suffer from a stuffed up head and cough for a little longer than risk any of that crap, even though the odds of that happening are slim. Sorry Pharmaceutical gods, I won't fall for it this time!

3 comments:

Seggi said...

haha,excellent quote you wrote me ;)
The weather actually was nice only that one day. Before that and since that is still very cold, I really think it's going to snow today which is a big extreme in Ireland :)
Wow,what a side effects!!! I'm with you on suffering a bit rather than have all or even just one of those!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Ande Truman said...

oled, what the crap? I thought you were a legitimate comment, and you got my hopes up only to be met with your wretched spam solicitation. Why do you tease me so? Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries! Go away or I shall taunt you a second time! (Monty Python? Anyone?)