Have I ever told you how much I enjoy being in charge? Yes, the boss, the boska, the big kahuna. Not in everything, but things I like or care about, especially in cooking. If I don't care about it, don't put me in charge cause I'll be miserable.

Anyway part of my part-time job includes cooking for large retreat groups at the place I work for- so anywhere from 10-100+ people. Usually I'm doing the majority of the work by myself, but today I had 3 people working there- one was his first day in training, another was Renee coming to volunteer, and Lee. It was sweet to boss around all those people for 11 hours.


My feet and back hurt sooo bad I can't even tell you, but it was totally worth it because a) we got out two fabulous meals and made the hippie guests happy and b) we cleaned the crap out of my kitchen. It was right out of an 80's movie where they get all excited about cleaning or a project, and they play loud music and laugh and get the job done. Yeah, totally 80's.

Here's a before picture of the kitchen:
And an after picture:
Mmmm yes, I like.... this is what happens with 3 excited young people and an OCD boss like me.

Here's my crew...
and my food for today's lunch, with vegan chili and baked kale which they freaked out over...
Now I gotta go to bed and get ready for another day like this...

0 comments: