If you've never heard of the artists called MUSE, and you appreciate the real artistry of rock music, then I would recommend you listen to them. They're not for everyone, mind you. They're definitely not for people like my family who have the patience of a...hmm, what kind of object doesn't have patience? Well there goes my analogy. Anyway, parts of the songs can be so fast-paced and energetic which might drive you crazy, while other parts of the songs may be very relaxing...though most of it is energetic rock.

I really appreciate this band because you can tell by their music that they must spend an incredible amount of time putting the songs together. They thoughtfully construct it, unlike so many bands who just throw songs together like a pizza. (what?)

So if you're going to take my advice, I would recommend the Absolution CD. I haven't heard any of their other stuff, so I'm not sure how it is. My favorite songs on there are probably Apocalypse Please, Stockholm Syndrome, and my all-time favorite: Butterflies and Hurricanes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ixQDquaIHM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wC-u2yIsawM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tD3tCeFQMw8

THEY ARE INCREDIBLE LIVE!! The singer just doesn't make mistakes and it sounds just like the album.

Okay, by the way, one thing you probably don't know about me, and something I don't admit very freely (even though I'm admitting it on a public blog...good one)... Once in a while when I see or hear certain things that, to me, take an incredible amount of talent and hits my heart a certain way, I'll cry--or almost cry--or just get choked up depending on if I'm in public. I think that's either really weird and lame, or just tells you how much music, the arts, and raw talent "speaks" to me.

It usually happens when I see things live, like live music or dancing or something.

So yeah, for some reason this band produces the kind of music that seems to hit me that way. Not all of what they do, but especially seeing them play my favorite songs for an audience. Okay, yeah I know I'm a big wuss. (What happened to me!?)


0 comments: