Random thought: I think songs are like people sometimes.

Sometimes I connect with a song so deeply and understand the pain from its' source (the singer) and why or how they think that way and I want to cry with them and I want to understand them...kinda like some people.

Other times I click with a song immediately so well and if I could play it over and over till I died, I would be happy- and the song just makes me smile every time I hear it or think about it...kinda like some people.

Some songs I feel like I can be myself around, usually because I belt it out at the top of my lungs, and I can sit back, relax and say the stuff I really want to say, stuff that's on my mind...kinda like some people.


Once in a while I'll hear a certain song or type of music that is so irritating I wish I could somehow kill it or relocate it to where I'd never have to hear or see it again, and it
makes me angry for whatever reason and they make me want to hurt a little animal to get my aggression out...kinda like some people.

Many times I hear a certain kind of music or a song and I really don't like it at first. Over time, however, I find myself slowly but surely falling in love with it and usually end up being closely acquainted for years...kinda like some people.

Sometimes I'll spend too much time listening to one CD or one band and I get burned out on it and need my space from it, until months or years down the road I re-discover it and love it again...kinda like some people.

And sometimes, on rare occasions, I am changed by music, I soak it up like a sponge, and I let myself be changed by it in whatever way it ends up taking an effect..kinda like some people.


Yep. For me, it's like this. I thank God for the gift of music...kinda like some people :)

0 comments: