I don't understand why coffee shops have to be so stupid sometimes.

I went to one with almost perfect coffee and environment but the wifi cost 6 bucks to use. Another one had perfect coffee with broken internet. Another one closed at 1 pm (what?!). Another one was a "Christian coffee shop" that was so outrageously cheesy I couldn't even stay- and their coffee tastes like popcorn...and they have middle school art on the walls...and they blared cheesy Christian pop (this is part of my next controversial topic). Starbucks is $30 a month to use their internet, but good coffee. Panera has terrible espresso but free wifi.

Holy cow, I mean most people don't spend the ridiculous amounts of time as I do in coffee shops cause most people have normal full time jobs and more important things to do -but seriously, all I ask for is: Good coffee. Free wifi. Not a stupid environment.

I dunno where my life is taking me but if I ever do start my coffee shop type place I've always wanted, these are 3 very simple rules that I will not budge on, it's not that hard! So here I am drinking Starbucks espresso in Panera after driving around for too long looking for a place to work...and I'm still annoyed!

Oh and by the way, one more thing... I stopped at my music store to mess around on electric guitars. I had to stop myself from laughing at this guy who I will call "The Ultimate Redneck". Check it out- Probably 5 ft. tall, HUGE potbelly, confederate flag hat, confederate flag t-shirt, jeans tight under his floppy belly, muddy boots, looong nasty greasy hair down his back, huge thick plastic glasses, a 5 o'clock shadow and just about black teeth. I was putting my guitar down and he said to me, "Bought myself this here guitar the otha' day!", pointing to a confederate flag acoustic guitar! HAHAHA oh my gosh, you guys, I totally wish someone else could have seen it to believe me. Sorry if that description sounds mean, but it's accurate! He followed me around the store till I left--crrrrrreepy.

3 comments:

Monica Gamez said...

Hey...did you hear about Starbucks doing free Wi-Fi now? Since you are there a lot anyway...this should save you some mulah. :)

http://tech.msn.com/news/articlepcw.aspx?cp-documentid=7861543>1=40000

Ande Truman said...

Don't toy with me, Monica! You better not be playin! :) Dude, if they really do go through with that and bring free wi-fi, their sales will start going through the roof and my bank account will be depleated even more. Good for them for not being stupid anymore!

Monica Gamez said...

Yep...its for real. :) I signed up for my access the other day. I guess its limited to 2 hours a day but its something right?