I made halusky tonight! Thanks, Miska, for the tips :) I dunno how authentic it is compared to a real Slovak's version, but I really liked it! In fact, it was really close to what I had made for me, which makes me want to rub it in someone's face that I did it and say BOOYAH SUCKERS but that's not really appropriate cause no one said I couldn't do it....

That's not my picture, by the way... Americans, halusky (halooshky) is this fabulous Slovak dish with boiled potato dumplings, chopped thick bacon and this cheese sauce. I can't find the real SK cheese here but apparently it tastes similar to feta and cream cheese together, which I used. I'm lovin' it, oh and if you haven't had it in an omlet yet, do so, cause it'll rock your socks off.

By the way, room temperature vodka by itself is um... interesting unless you've been drinking already. Just throwing that out there. Dunno how I feel about it.

0 comments: