There Will Be Blood came out at a similar time of No Country For Old Men. I won't talk about NCFOM but I will say the two got a TON of Academy Awards and NCFOM was not nearly as good as I expected...so I've been looking forward to TWBB for a while now, hoping it would redeem the other film. We saw it last night, and I will say that I enjoyed it. That's a relative statement though; I enjoyed it compared to NCFOM and Indiana Jones, but it's not in my top 10.

The acting was really well done. Daniel Day Lewis did a great job here- fantastic acting. I liked his character, even though he was a jerk and borderline insane at times. The other characters were fantastic actors as well. The soundtrack was amazing- some of the most intense music I've heard in a movie in years. The dialogue wasn't overdone or cheesy either- it was simple and strong. One thing I liked about this movie that NCFOM miserably failed at was having a resolution. There is a resolution in this movie and it made sense! Also, people died for a reason in this movie, unlike NCFOM.

The only thing I would say negative about this was that it was a little too long, and parts of it were really dry. So if you're in the mood for an edge-of-your-seat excitement, this isn't the movie for you.

Other than that, I would recommend it. I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10.

2 comments:

Seggi said...

so I shouldn't watch the no country for old men?

Ande Truman said...

I don't know how to answer that. A lot of people thought it was the best movie they've ever seen...while others thought it was the worst movie they've ever seen. I loved certain parts of it and hated certain parts of it- one like I said, was that the ending was crap (in my opinion). There is also a lot of unrealistic stuff in the movie- kinda far fetched....SOOO it's probably worth watching but you might not like it (or you might love it).