I've been a fan of Bobby McFerrin for years, but I just found this video of him with Richard Bona that's really fabulous. http://youtube.com/watch?v=iimMKWF7SK0&feature=relatedBona has such a pleasant voice too. At 5:20, they start a song which I have always loved of McFerrin's, by the way, and Bona's improv at 6:50 is sweet...but at 8:20 he does some weird stuff, I'm like Whaaaa? Bobby can do such interesting things with his voice though, gosh. He did some stuff with Yo-Y0 Ma too though the video below isn't his best.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GczSTQ2nv94

Okay, I really am going to make an effort to stop posting so many YouTube videos cause seriously I could report all the awesome crap I find on there all day! So I'll try to keep it to a minimum...it's just that my brain is going a little nutso right now and I'm in this really weird state where I'm so overwhelmed I just don't want to think...my power switch is on but my brain is not functioning. Not a good place to be in for too long.

0 comments: