I've been looking forward to the new Indiana Jones movie for quite some time now. I was a big fan of the old ones and I really like Harrison Ford (except if I hear another movie where he demands, "Give my back my family!"). I have to say, I was very disappointed in this movie and I want to tell you what irritated me about it.

The first thing I noticed was Kate Blanchett's (sp?) character was supposed to be Russian, but she kept slipping into her native English accent! Did anyone notice that?! For such professional actors and so much money going into this movie, the least they could do is say "cut" and do it over again with the correct accent, seriously.

In every Indy Jones movie there is a plethora of spider webs, wouldn't you agree? There was a lot in this movie, but they all looked like the $2.00 spider web stuff you buy at Halloween at Wal-Mart! They looked incredibly fake and over-used.

There was a lot of over-acting in the movie too. For example, when Indy was captured and forced to look at that stupid skull, there was a group of Russians dancing around the fire. It annoyed me cause they were way too flamboyant and whimsical. The acting of the main characters was not good either- just poor acting with a lot of one-liners.

The scene of the boy swinging through the vines was ridiculous. There were way too many scenes that you were just like "Give me a break, no one would do that!" In the old movies Indy would do cool courageous stuff but it wasn't too far fetched.

I felt that Indy lost a lot of his charm and wit. He was very aged in this movie too- he moved like an old man. I know he's old and all, but he just didn't seem like THE Indiana Jones, ya know?

All in all, the effects were really crappy. Like when they were driving through the jungle you could so tell that it was CGI. I know the harsh lighting is something unique to this series, but I thought they overdid it. Everyone knows in a movie the people watching it aren't supposed to see direct fake lamps or lights shown from the direction of the camera...but they did that at the beginning and you could see that fake lighting and the fake shadows. That's my own pet peeve with movies I guess.

I give it a 5 out of 10.

7 comments:

Petra said...

Amen! Crap it was. I wouldn't give it the 5. I'd go with like 2,5 or so.

Anonymous said...

There is no Indy 4... what are you talking about? Spielberg and Lucas have retired... they don't make movies anymore. And why do people keep talking about Star Wars episodes I,II,& III? Lucas never made those.

Ande Truman said...

Uhhh well this one was the 4th one- Raiders, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade then Crystal Skull.

Who's talking about Star Wars? I didn't say anything about that or about Lucas or Spielberg.. Whatch'you talkin' 'bout Willis??

Anonymous said...

haha! you didn't catch my joke. i'm pretending these movies were never made. the reason i brought up lucas is because he worked on indy 4 as well and he f'd up star wars and he f'd up indiana jones.

Ande Truman said...

Wow, that went right over my little head... :) So ya didn't like it eh?

Anonymous said...

i liked the new rambo better than indy 4.

Ande Truman said...

Wow, I didn't see Rambo but that is REALLY sad that you liked it better than this...