Have you ever found items from your childhood that you haven't seen in years and years? I went hunting around in my attic today and found some stuff I guess I'm gonna share. It brought my much delight :)

The first item is one of my most precious possessions. It was my father's camera, and the camera that I started taking pictures with when I was younger. I used this till I was about 18 and bought my own SLR.

I'll bet most of you didn't know that when I was younger I was very much into collecting baseball cards. It was a quick and easy way to get "in" with my brother and his friends. For some reason I made a decision, probably when I was 9 or 10, that Kirby Puckett was the best baseball player that ever walked the earth and I would collect his cards. So this is my old collection of his cards. I think have like 80 some cards? They've been in this box for probably 15 years.

Tell me you guys had to learn how to play the recorder too, right? This fine instrument here was my second instrument, next to the piano. We had to learn the songs at school, including the popular oldie Old Tar River I believe. That's the jam! I haven't seen this sucker in years...

Much of the art I've done in my lifetime has been thrown away by my mother. BUT I did find some! I drew George Washington in charcoal (very poorly) when I was 9 years old. They posted this in the principal's office for the rest of the year. I was quite proud..

Finally, this is a drawing of the Clinton family I did when I was like 11 or 12. What's funny is that even when I was that young, I still knew that Bill was just a clown and Hillary wore pants suits and she was kinda the boss over him (hence her height)! HA! Bill's eyes are kinda jacked up. (Alyssa, remind me to tell you something about Hillary's face only you would find funny....)

Oh, and I'm definitely not posting these pictures for compliments! They're not too great- just wanted to show ya... I was remembering today that I had two piece of art that was kicked out of the art shows at school. I think one got thrown away and the other my cousin took or something. Anyway if I find the rebel art pieces I'll definitely show them. Don't worry, no nudity or anything.

1 comments:

Seggi said...

aaaah, going through old stuff once in a while is so great. Nice pieces of art there ;)