So in Ethiopia I regularly bought two drinks- the Ethiopian Macchiato, and the Spres. (Both of which cost me like 25 cents each! I want to introduce you to the Spres. It is a "drink" that you eat with a spoon, full of different types of fruit ground up to a thick consistency, and layered by color. In Ethiopia they usually serve it with 5-6 types of fruit in a tall, beautiful glass. It's not mixed with ice, mind you, so usually it was room temperature.

I have literally been craving a spres since 2004. I finally attempted it on my own, but only with 3 (technically 4 I guess) fruits. The bottom is whipped sweetened avocado, then mango, avocado again, then peaches, then a few drops of blueberry. I just sat down and devoured this stuff. Oh, and don't let the avocado scare you. Usually it's used with salty food or guacamole, but if you get a perfectly ripe one, it has a natural sweetness to it, and when it's whipped with sugar and water, OH YUM...or is it "MNAM!"

2 comments:

Ande Truman said...

BTW, I made my mom try it and she HATED it. I truly believe I was adopted. :)

Petra said...

haha, she would...
looks pretty.