Sorry, I have to complain. So I'm going down to Atlanta this week. About a month ago I had planned to get a ride with a friend cause her daughter lives really close to my friend. Long story short, that fell through because of a scheduling miscommunication between her and her family that was visiting that week. So at the "last minute" I searched for another type of ticket- be it plane, train, rental car or bus. I decided to be a cheap bum and get a bus ticket. What Greyhound DIDN'T tell me was that I would not only be on the bus for 14 hours (a usual 5 hour trip by car), but I would be in the skanky bus station from like 1 am till 5 am coming back.

Needless to say, I wasn't excited about this layover or the idea of carrying my computer and camera in a downtown bus station alone in the middle of the night. I did it anyway though cause it was semi-cheap. Long story short, I needed to cancel the bus ticket and get a rental car because the car we were supposed to use in Atlanta fell through.

Soooo I bought a rental car reservation yesterday and am trying to cancel my bus ticket now (I spent extra on getting a refundable ticket). Well, my point of this entry is to not ever depend on Greyhound Bus Lines to be customer service oriented. They suck. Check this out, I call customer service for a refund- a thick-accented Hispanic chic says, "Jew have to go een da boos termeenal for da reefoond." I wait two days till the terminal opens and I call them. A thick accented rude southern old black man rudely says, " I cain't do nuthin' about it and I ain't even gonna' try to make it work on dis' here computa' cause I'd get in trouble and you shouldn't even come down here to try".

Well, they don't do refunds online. So I find refund info online. It says to POSTAL mail a refund request! HA! So I start filling out a postal request which is ridiculous, but stop in the middle of it to call them to see if it's okay if they get my request AFTER the date my trip was set for.

The hispanic gentleman says I can just call this customer service number. So I hang up and call them, and guess what? An automated recording says I have to go in the terminal or send a postal request!!! AAAAHHHH! So now I'm really ticked off, and I call the customer service number again. She finally gives me a refund but says I have to wait 6-8 weeks for it.

Moral of this story? Make enough money in your job to just buy a rental car or plane ticket in the first place. :)

0 comments: