Roman Catholicism is something I need to know something about. Not just something, I want to know a lot about. So I'm publicly declaring that I want to finish this book I found. I'm saying it on here because this book is 460 pages of heavy, lofty writing...not something I would usually dive into, to be honest. So the only way I'm going to get through this is to be able to write about what I'm reading on this thing. I have to regurgitate it somewhere or I'll forget or won't care that much.

So you'll have to forgive my RC ramblings over the next X amount of months. This book seems really legit- it's written from a reformed perspective so it shouldn't be bogus. But if I write something that is just plain wrong, feel free to challenge me on it.

Here we go...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ande i think that is a great idea!!! and i also think that will be very important for you to know about it when coming here:)

Anonymous said...

yep, that book is a beast... very large. i own it; not sure if i've ever gotten through it. we just finished a sunday school class about why being Reformed still matters and how the Roman Catholic Church is still in need of reformation. here's a quick read that might help you in your research: http://opc.org/nh.html?article_id=396

Anonymous said...

Hey Ande,

Just a note to boost the credibility, Boettner is a good man, and a good source. One of his other works that he has written is "The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination", a classic among the reformed. So, he's a trusted source and has good things to say.

Craig Sowder said...

James White's ministry, Alpha & Omega, has a lot of apologetic resources, and Roman Catholicism is one of his target subjects. It's not always easy stuff to follow, but for what it's worth, here is his website:

http://www.aomin.org/