Another pet peeve I've run into lately: When I'm having a conversation with someone and they're telling a story about something and they spend half of the time trying to remember details of the story that are not important, whatsoever. And I sit there not knowing whether I should help them try to remember the stupid unimportant detail or change the subject or just be silent. And I don't want to interrupt them and say "I really don't care about that particular detail because it doesn't have any significance in the story!" but I don't want to be rude either.

To illustrate my point I will make up a conversation...

"Ande! You wouldn't believe what just happened to me!"
"What happened?"
"Well I was driving down the highway, it was like 3 o'clock..or was it 3:05....maybe more like 3:02 because I drove past the bank and saw the sign with the time on it a few minutes before and it was 2:59. What bank was that? Wachovia? No it must be 1st South Bank. I'm not sure but it was sometime around 3:02 and I was driving down the highway and this huge red truck came up beside me. Well actually it was more like a purple than a red, but in the light it looked red but in the shadows it looked purple. I wonder how much a paint job like that costs? I need a paint job on my car cause I scratched it last week when I scraped up against a tree- not sure if it was oak or a magnolia tree though. So this red/purple truck drove up beside me and threw a huge take-out bag of food out their window from....hmmm what restaurant was that from? I want to say McDonald's because I saw the red and yellow but then again, Burger King has red and yellow on their bag too so I'm really not sure where the bag was a from, but I know it was from a burger place because when the bag went out the window it fell on my windshield and I definitely saw some scraps of beef on my window that looked like a hamburger. But actually....."

I could keep going but I'm sure by now you're getting my point. Does this annoy the poo out of anyone else but me?

0 comments: