Any of you ever watch Good Eats with Alton Brown? One of my favorite cooking shows- tell you why later. One night I was watching the show and he used a door knob and piece of string for something. He tied one end to one of the holes, and the other end to the other hole. I think it might have been with meat?? I don't know. But I'm racking my brain trying to remember what the heck he used that for. I know it's a long shot, but do you any of you know what he could have used that for, or have seen that episode? Haha.. Google couldn't help me.

5 comments:

Ande Truman said...

I JUST REMEMBERED!!!!!! YAAAAY! He used that contraption to french the pork or lamb rib rack. They call it a pork popscicle cause the string gets twisted around the fat and you pull it down and it just leaves the bones. Oh nevermind, I'll just make you some pork someday and you'll know what I mean. Well... even though I figured it out, thanks for listening! haha..

Check this crap out.. I love him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfcbueO7bBE&feature=related

Ande Truman said...

Ha. I said "racking my brain". Get it. Rack of lamb. Racking my brain. I was so close and didn't even know it.

Anonymous said...

a door knob and string... isn't that for pulling a tooth?

Ande Truman said...

Yes, that's what came up when I googled "Door knob and string, cooking" or whatever. That sounds very painful...

Monica Gamez said...

My husband and I are big fans of his show. James even got his autograph at a mall tour he did a couple of years ago. I guess he's pretty cool in person. :)