My expectations going in to see Batman were very high, mostly because every single person I knew who had seen it said it was amazing. I usually try not to have any expectations going in to see a movie because usually I'm disappointed. This time though, I couldn't help it. I arrived early to save seats for me and my German friends going with me, I sat in my special OCD seat (1/3 of the way up, in front of the bars to put my feet up on, directly in the center) and even bought an outrageously expensive large cup of soda (Diet Coke and Dr. Pepper mixed).

I think the Master Card commercial fits here..

Movie ticket: $8.50
Large soda: $4.75
Seeing Dark Knight: Priceless

Anyhoo... my expectations were met with this movie. Wow. I loved it. Probably one of the best films I've seen in at least a year or two. The Joker! DUDE! I'm not saying this because it was Heath's last performance or because of the hype, I seriously thought it was the best movie he's ever made. I forgot he was an actor, I forgot who the actor was, he was brilliant, poetic, and downright creepy. It's always harder to play the villain than to play the good guy, and I think he even beats Jack Nick. at being the Joker.

The film was intricate; it had so many details I could barely keep up. But this didn't frustrate me, this made me want to watch it 20 more times to figure it out. During and after the movie I still had questions, like: When did Joker capture Harvey and the girl? I kinda wish it had shown that going down cause all the sudden they're in captivity and it kinda confused me.

Best action scene ever? When Batman's car got clobbered and he revs up his engine and bursts out of his car with that sweeeeet motorcycle! I started clapping it was so great. Honestly, I don't really think I have any complaints about the movie that won't go away when I see it again. Yep. Oh, and if you're interested in seeing it, don't be stupid and wait till it comes out on video. Go to the theater and splurge on it cause a home TV won't do it justice! 9.9 stars out of 10!

La Vie En Rose got a ton of Oscars, so naturally I was very interested in seeing it. I want to watch it again to get more of the details and also do some more research on Edith Piaf. What attracted me to the film, honestly, was her voice. It's very unique and has a lot of punch for such a little woman. It's in French, in subtitles, so expect that. I thought the acting was great and showed her life story in a very realistic way. There are some 'sensual scenes' you might want to look out for, but it's not too obscene. She was basically brought up in a brothel for part of her life. Anyway, check it out.

I didn't get caught up in the hype when this field was coming out. I heard a few bad things about it so I didn't really bother with it. Someone told me it was like a modern day Godzilla, which didn't interest me at all. I've gotta say though, for some reason I really really enjoyed it! I couldn't peel me eyes off the screen as I watched for most of the time and I was on the edge of my seat. It wasn't necessarily SCARY like a horror film, but there were a few scenes that scared me just enough to like it kinda. I am not a sci-fi kinda girl, please know this, but the sci-fi stuff here was kinda cool.

I thought it was really entertaining...maybe because my expectations were very very low? Oh and the character development was actually pretty good too for such an action film, which I appreciate.

A lot of people complained about the scale of the animal- like sometimes it looked really small and other times it looked as big as a skyscraper. Honestly, I didn't care and barely noticed. They also said that no camcorder out there could last for as long as this camcorder did, but who cares. Yep, good stuff.

1 comments:

Craig Sowder said...

Since the genre is one of my favorites, The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies of all time. I saw it three times within the first week it was in the theater. Money well spent.

Oh yeah, and tonight I went to the dollar theater and watched Iron Man again. :)