So there are a few things in life that I am honestly, truthfully, unabashedly WEIRD about. Not just a little weird, REALLY weird about. If you're reading this, that means I probably like you. So I'm not going to list them all...cause I'd like to keep you as friends.

I drink coffee a lot. Not a little, a lot. I have been drinking coffee literally as long as I can remember, though I'd say around 14 or 15 I started drinking it a lot more. (Heeeeeey maybe that's why I'm so short!! Or genetics...) When I was about 16 I decided my dream was to own a business..more specifically a coffee shop/live music/art/cd's etc. That dream has somehow stuck with me till now. Why am I telling you all this? Oh right- I like coffee so much I'm thinking about making a career out of serving it well. Know why? Cause it's a science, coffee is.

I won't get into why it's so complicated of a drink, but it is- trust me. The part of coffee I'm most fascinated with is the brewing process...a.k.a what you see the baristas doing in the coffee shops. To get the perfect combination of perfect beans that have been roasted perfectly, then to grind them at the precise circumference in a special grinder- then to be packed with pressure NOT too much pressure into a little cup- then perfect water heated at a perfect temperature is forced with pressure (just the right amount of pressure) to then give the perfect life serum: espresso. It doesn't end there, and this is where my weirdness starts. If that espresso sits for too long, more than 10 or 15 seconds tops, without being mixed with some kind of milk or sugar/syrup...well folks...all that beautiful chemistry that went into making that perfect shot of espresso is OUT THE WINDOW!

So imagine me, thinking about all this useless crap about coffee in a place like Starbucks or what-have-you, and some moron behind the counter isn't paying attention. They're arguing with a customer or talking to their buddies about something. If you want to see me anal, folks, here's where it is. If my eyes held laser beams, I would have killed many a' barista by now. So I sit there while wanting to say "HEY IDIOT, PAY ATTENTION!!!" but if course I stand there looking like a bia while staring holes in their head. I literally have to look away or turn around.

Then of course I get my espresso and it's bitter. Ohhhhh bitter espresso, what a tragedy. But by then I've been waiting 5 minutes for my coffee and it's darn too late to ask for another one. Plus, who wants to look like a bia in front of a crowd? Not me...

I was gonna mention some more really O.C.D type things that I do, but I think that would be weird...and you might reconsider my friendship. But seriously...I have issues.

Check out Herbie Hancock sometime. The song Chameleon is pretty good. It's only good cause I played in the jazz band in high school (which was really social hour with my buddy Adam. Ha.. we didn't know how to play jazz, are you kidding?)

I don't think I'm going to edit anything I write on here. In fact, I don't even think I'll read it over once before I post anything. It really keeps the Verbal Vomit Juices flowing, don't you think?

1 comments:

Petra said...

Verbal Vomit Juice? That's a new one for me... ;)