Wrote this a while back... Thank God for grace and sanctification!

The pain ive felt for oh so long

the grip upon the Son feels gone-

ive felt a distance that leaves me cold

the promises ive seen have now been sold-
my mind lingers in a world so passive

unconcerned and remaining so evasive-

His house doesnt seem so holy anymore

just an uncomfortable troubling bore-

my once apparent thirst in me

never intrudes or knocks, it flees
-
i pray for help and a loving friend

yet i do not feel your hand to mend-

dont move away from me, please hear

your ice cold heart is all that i fear
-
i want to be everything You want
yet my thirst is choked by satans taunt
-
what i admit i will never be proud

and these things i hate, i hate to be loud

but youre all thats keeping me alive

so i want to feel your breath to strive
-
take my struggles and set them free

so i can take your love and live for Thee-

im broken helpless for you Lord
rescue me from my sinful world.


1 comments:

Craig Sowder said...

"His house doesnt seem so holy anymore
just an uncomfortable troubling bore"

Well said.