...it's that we have a substantial amount of freedom. My first instinct is to apologize for posting another news report, but there's no need for apology- it's important. Oh and mom, don't read this- you'll get all worried and stuff...

So from what I've gathered, some Chinese government officials drove up with trucks full of waste to a village. They were hoping to dump the waste near some people's homes, which is outrageous in and of itself. Well the villagers got in a scuffle with the officials, trying to persuade them to not do it.

In the meantime a Chinese guy named Wei (a 41 year old executive, mind you) took out his cell phone to record the video of the scuffle. Here's the crazy part: FIFTY GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS (municipal inspectors) turned on him and beat him for 5 minutes until he died.

Obviously this kind of thing doesn't happen in China every day, but seriously, this scares the scat out of me. I'm the kind of person who would take a picture or record video of just about anything I see, even if it would get me in trouble, and I'm just thinking to myself- wow, what if that happens to me one day? I dunno, maybe people would be more apprehensive to kill a foreigner for doing something like that because they know they'd get a beat-down for it. But anyway, living in America where people are held accountable to the Enth degree, to see something like this, and to see the slaughter happening in Kenya in this day in age is just shocking.

This is the 21st century! A reporter in Kenya said how surreal it was as he was calling someone while getting fantastic reception on his cell phone, while looking at someone get hacked with a machete. Things like this make me realize that there will never be world peace. There may be peace within the nations, enough peace to where we're not going to nuke each other, but there will never be peace among the peoples. We are hardened, rebellious souls ruled by darkness that have a spirit of hatred in us and that hinders peace no matter how many beauty queens wish for it.

Read for yourself if you want.. http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/01/11/china.blogger/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.