I'm about to write about a really stupid subject right now. I know it's stupid because I kinda hate the subject, and I know 99% of you reading this also hate the subject. Whatever.

So as you may know, about a 1 1/2 years ago I found a little kitten outside. He was soft and crying, I was soft (my heart, that is) and lonely. So I took it home. Right off the bat that stupid cat made me so mad. He'd chew up my electronics cords, get in the trash, let his flea burrow in my ear one night (horrible event), wouldn't let me go to the bathroom or shower without him there, wouldn't let me shut the door when I sleep or sit outside and meeeooooow, or wake me up in the middle of the night chewing on my shoelaces or playing with his stupid ball, and the list goes on of how he annoyed the tar out of me for a full year and a half.

Ever since I knew I was moving, about 6 months ago or so, I started looking for a home for Bauer, but seriously could not even give him away. I even tried taking his sorry but to the SPCA to let someone adopt him. Since he was so scared, they said they'd kill him unless he calmed down. Since I'm a softie and couldn't let them do that, or throw him out on the street and get eaten by a Chinese restaurant, I kept him and put up with him. My roommate called me one morning and said "My grandmother would really like a cat, so I'm taking him over to her house today in Jacksonville for a trial period".. I'm like, ohhh kay sweet but didn't get my hopes up.
So I got home yesterday and the day before and was really weirded out. You see, every single day Bauer is there at the door waiting for me. I say hi, walk in my room and put my stuff down while he follows me there and waits for me to acknowledge him. Well... he wasn't there! He wasn't anywhere! He was gone! Part of me was like SWEET RELEASE I'M FREEEEE!! Then the other part was like... Dang, I'm kinda lonely now.

I know that sounds ridiculous because I hate cats and Bauer made my blood pressure rise more than anything else in my entire life... but I kinda miss that little jerk. He'd sit on the couch above my head, no matter where I sat. He'd crawl up on my bed at night and just collapse and go to sleep. Lately he's been super sweet too, all lovey and stuff. And darnit, he was just so soft and always gave me something soft to pet.

So the first night Bauer was freaking out at the grandmother's house...but the 2nd day and night he did great and even started being all sweet on the grandmother. He even got in her bed and slept there too. The ridiculous thing is that when I heard that I was jealous! hahahhaha what a moron.

This is probably the worst analogy I've ever used, but I feel like a mother who's lived with a rebellious kid for years... and the kid went away to college and loved it. So the mother loves the freedom and is happy to have that stress out of her life but kinda misses him being around.

So yeah. I know that's stupid to write about cause it's just a dumb cat...but I was kinda attached to it and our love/hate relationship was kinda nice sometimes. ::sigh:: So I guess this is another reality check that I'm leaving soon and I'm just gonna miss everyone. Hmmm I'll save that for another entry though.

0 comments: