The following entry is about nothing profound, but more of my scrumptious verbal vomit that's making my stomach sick keeping it inside. In fact, it's really just me complaining about my own laziness, so if you don't want to read this, please skip ahead to the next one.

Did you know that over 2 million people die each year due to being lazy? Yep. You can check the World Health Organization if ya' don't believe me. That's a lotta' people dying for such a dumb reason.

There's been something that's really bothering me lately- more so over the past 3 years. I'll just go ahead and say it. I'll just say what's on my mind! I am in the worst shape I have ever been in in my entire life- right here, right now. That sucks. Really bad. What the crap? I am not just saying that because I am an emotional women (even though that is true). I'm saying it cause it's really truthfully making me angry and it's something I think about all the time. And it's not good thoughts, mind you, these are not good thoughts I think about in regards to this....which causes quite a bit of distress in my little head.

Hold on. My cat is chewing on an electronics cord of some kind. I vow to you this day that if someone does not take this cat I will bake him in my oven and the blood will be on your hands!!!

Ahem. Where was I?

Right, I'm totally out of shape. I do my best to take the stairs at work as much as possible (unless it's first thing in the morning, the last hour of work, or if I have heels on...is that enough excuses?). I am so freaking pathetic. I feel like I ran a marathon. I am so ticked off that I can actually see visible difference in myself...like, a big difference. In everything! I won't get into how or where I can tell, like my arms and chin and legs, OH MY! but trust me.

Whatever. I'm friggin tired of it! Jeez.

Florida is the worst place EVER for a gal like me to stay/get in shape. I just wasn't built for this heat and flatness and culture. I mean, North Carolina is hot as crap, but not nearly as bad as this for 9 months out of the year. Last week it was 85*. What IS THAT?! I never used to be super thin by any means, but I stayed in shape thanks to softball and normal kid stuff you could do when you lived at home in a safe neighborhood ya know? If I was bored, I'd just go outside and walk around and find something to do. Go fishin', ride my bike, whatever. I'd be in summer camp and go rock climbing and rafting and hiking. It was just an active lifestyle.

But here.. here you can't do that stuff at least where I live now. I'm on a really bad road and it's super scary at night and lots of creepy people always walk up and down it. By the time I get home from work it's dark out, and I'm not about to go strolling down Lee Road unless I have a baseball bat and mace ready to go. Even if it was safe it's SO HOT all the time, it's simply miserable!

You say, "Well join a gym you moron", which is a logical solution to this problem....except I hate working out in a gym right underneath public speaking and root canals. I don't like 30-60 minutes of beating the crap out of myself and feeling terrible while I do it and THEN feeling miserably sore for 3 days afterwards. Yah, I know I gotta shutup and do it anyway if I want to change stuff, but I'm just complaining cause I don't wanna! You can't make me do it! You're not my REAL mom anyway!!! ::rolls around on the floor:: Okay...what?

I just think I would really succeed in a place where it's so small I'd have to walk everywhere, or so big I'd have to walk everywhere. Orlando, and even where I'm from in central NC, you have to drive 10-45 minutes to get anywhere. Or if that's not the case, a place that actually has outdoor activities available and weather that allows people to go outside and not feel like they've actually stepped into an oven. There are tons of places like this- in the U.S. alone out West is a haven for people who like to be outdoors...or even the Northeast.

I will say, as a fact, that having an office job really doesn't help our sedentary tendencies. You wake up, sit in your car as you drive to work, eat breakfast, sit down till lunch, drive to lunch, sit at lunch, drive back, sit at your desk till 5:30, sit in your car, come home and sit while you eat dinner, maybe sit and watch a little tube or read, till you go to bed and lie down. The lifestyle of office workers is horrible unless you really really make a conscious effort to do something for yourself before or after work. If I ever killed someone it would be in the morning- so morning workouts are a big no-go for me...and the ironic thing is that after work, even though I haven't done jack squat all day, I'm sooo tired!

I just really really hope that somehow, someway, I can find a way to live a life that's not sedentary and be one of those 'active lifestyle' kinds of people. I really don't want to live the rest of my life being uncomfortable and ticked off that I don't look the way I want. It gets old after a while, ya know?

In the meantime, I guess I gotta shutup and work out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some good news for you: Trnava is a great weigh loss program:) Provided you rarely use automobile transportation around the city, you should be in good shape! (no pun intended) I lost... well, let's just say it was a lot better when I left then when I arrived- even in spite of the fact that I ate more junk than I did in America. There is hope! Good luck:)