What I feel like writing about has no real value, no spiritual or social significance. I've been home for a few weeks and there were a few things I've noticed about this place possibly worth mentioning.

My 'parents' go to bed at like 9:30 p.m. I enjoy staying up late, at least between 12 and 2 a.m. They are also extremely light sleepers. So much so, I pretty much have to transform into a ninja. I just happen to be wearing black pants and a black shirt right now, so my ninja status is getting more solid. What I mean is that I have to be completely silent for hours at a time. I have to tiptoe around and open/close everything in stealth mode. It's maddening! I've even adopted a silent ninja laugh. It's so high pitched and quiet, only dogs can hear it.

Deer here are everywhere. It's a real problem. Whenever I drive on back roads I'm always paranoid and looking for those little glowing eyes. I have what I call a "deer intuition". I can't really explain it any other way than saying I just have a strong feeling when I think deer are going to appear. Deer have hit me two separate times and it is seriously scary. I hate it. So anyway, I was just going to say that the other night I had a strong feeling I was going to see deer and just as I was entering my neighborhood I saw about 9 or 10 deer running across the road. It was cool.

Music here sucks. The radio stations are filled with redneck music- even the rock stations have old nasty good ol' boy rock too... and since I don't have my Subaru with my iPod connection and speakers, driving in the car isn't nearly as fun anymore. I like driving a manual truck though- fun as!

This has nothing to do with being home, I just feel like venting. In fact it's been on my mind for years!! When I was a kid, well in middle and high school, I used to watch this show called Great Chefs almost every day after school. It's apparently the oldest cooking show on TV - very hard core. These guys were so professional, so fantastic, they usually didn't even speak English, they were usually ugly, and they usually never spoke a word on the entire show. There was a narrator who was from New Orleans and she spoke so eloquently, and the only thing they ever talked about was FOOD.

I hate with a passion these new cooking shows with these beautiful men and women actors (not even real chefs) who really only do it for the money because they've built a reputation for a 'sweet personality'. They talk about nonsense, their family, politics, people in the audience, and speak from a script. Who cares about what you have to say! And your recipes suck! You're not real chefs! OH!! And stop taking big bites of your own food on national television. We all know it's probably good, you don't have to fake it with that horrible reaction, like, "Ohhh yeah... yeah that's good." What are you going to do, take a bit and say, "Holy Gouda, Batman! That tastes like pure vomit!"

http://www.greatchefs.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

2 comments:

Craig Sowder said...

Holy Venison, Batman... I didn't see a single deer the whole time I was at your house that weekend, and you see 10 of them at once.

Ande Truman said...

Yeah dude, they're everywhere. I was driving on some backroads with somebody and they were going reeeeally fast and I was honestly thinking "Oh my gosh we are so going to die if a deer jumps out"... and not even a minute later I saw a huge grouping of deer in the nearby field and warned him. Call it a spiritual gift if you want. ;)