Well, I've seen three movies in the past two weeks that I've really enjoyed. So I thought I'd share them. All three are completely different from another- one's a comedy teen pregnancy, one highlights racial tensions in the U.S. and the other is about a kid who escapes society to live in the wild and travel...all three good.

I've already said my peace about Juno. Can be a bit crude but an all in all a good flick. More of an explanation to the right ----------> over there....

I saw Crash for the 3rd time as well. I would recommend checking it out, as long as you're not too sensitive to swearing. I've heard people say how much they didn't like it- how it was really depressing and pointless and how it highlighted the worst characteristics of humanity. Another person said it was the best movie they've ever seen- so obviously it's a love/hate movie. It tries to shed some light on cultural and social differences and tensions in the United States. If you're not from the states I think it would be especially interesting- at least if I put myself in the shoes of someone who wasn't familiar with that tension here. Yeah, sure they highlighted on many of the examples all in one flic which might have been overwhelming or unrealistic for some, but I thought it was accurate from the tension which I've personally seen myself.

It's almost 4 a.m. right now and I just finished watching Into The Wild....and for a movie to keep my attention in the wee hours of the morning says something. This was a movie that originated from a book that was written from a true story. In short, it's about a college graduate kid from a rich, messed up family who decides to disappear in the world for a while- traveling, backpacking, hitchhiking. His goal is to get to Alaska and live in the wild for a while. I most definitely won't tell you the ending though! And don't read ahead if you want to see the movie either! One person said they were so angry at this kid for rebelling against their parents and they considered this kid a real moron for doing what he did. I gotta say it was such a fantastic film- I completely disagree with their opinion and I have zero complaints about it. I thought it was shot well, I loved the story, I loved the genuine acting.. and most of all, I really sympathize with this kid's outlook on life in general. I envied his desire and willingness to do what he did. I don't think I could or would do it, but I totally understood his outlook. I wanted to be where he was, doing what he was doing... except a certain part in the movie which I will not spoil for you though. Anyway, it's about 2 hours long, and if you're not into the outdoors or sympathize with his wanderlust, then you probably won't like it. But if you're interested, just sit back and be patient and check it out.

0 comments: