When I was younger, people always thought I was a lot older than I really was. I always got the, "You're only 16?!" kind of comments. Sometime around the age of 23 or so that stopped, and people thought I was younger than I was. I got the, "Oh wow, I thought you were like 19" comments. So I've been convinced that I've been a 19 year old for about 6 or 7 years.


Even a few years ago I still felt like a teenager- I felt/feel immature in certain scenarios-- especially socially. Deep down, under the composed facade, I'm a big pervert. (ha!) No, but I thought of the idea of me being married with kids, for example, a few years ago. That idea was insane to me, because I felt like just a kid. A kid having a kid- weird.

But something has happened over the past year or so. Somehow I feel like an adult all of the sudden. Not like an old crazy cat lady hag or anything, just like an adult. Something happened in the past year or so that has helped me fall into this roll of a "responsible" adult. The ideas of having a husband and making a home and taking care of kids doesn't feel all that foreign to me anymore. It's a pretty strange feeling, honestly. Not to say there was ever a point where I didn't want a boyfriend or husband, ya know. I'm not saying I finally want one.... but rather, I'm finally ready for all that jazz.

Hmm... weird.

Now that I'm a real adult, do I need to start investing in retirement and 401k's?!

Maybe I'll skip that part for a few years. :)

0 comments: