....SUCKS! Okay, it's not that packing for that long is hard, per se. What's hard is that each bag can only weigh 50 lbs. and I could easily get 100 lbs. in each bag! I'm so frustrated with this. Not only do I have to pack everything I need in 2 bags, but I have to make boxes labeled "Someday send me", "Don't send me" and "Send me now". The "Send me now" I'll send on Monday to myself. Everything else I own I have to box up and store it in the attic. So it's not just packing for a trip, it's like moving too!

So a few days ago I weighed my bags and both were 15 lbs. overweight and I didn't even put in books OR shoes yet. So I was thinking I'd just pay to have it too heavy, but that would cost me $250. So poo on that. Anyway I finally got my bags under 50 lbs. but I'm leaving behind so much stuff I want and I don't like that feeling.

Oh by the way, when you weigh yourself, do it on a hard surface and not carpet. I was weighing myself to weigh my duffle bag and it said I had gained a JUNK load of weight in the past 10 months. So for 2 days I was so depressed! Then I thought I should weigh myself on a hard floor... well the story doesn't end that great because I still gained some weight, but half as much as I thought I did. So yeah, lesson learned.

Here's a stack of my clothes that I started out with after filtering once- it's like 1/3 of that now. :(

2 comments:

Petra said...

poor you!

Seggi said...

hahaa, I know what it's like, i packed for one year...well better to say I didn;t pack, casue I had to be sent things in another 3x 20kg packs afterwards ;) and some more after I've decided to stay here longer. Hope it all goes well, packing, travelling, adjusting, im very excited for you!