Ok, soooo I think I just got a job! I say "I think" because it's kind of a weird situation. Basically there's a graphic design company based out of Raleigh, an hour from here. I replied to an ad on Craig's List, and in fact I was one of the first to reply out of over 500 DESIGNERS! Amazingly enough, something about my e-mail caught his attention and we had a 2 hour phone interview/conversation this morning.

The thing is, it's a contracting job so I can actually work from my home or wherever I want. Most people would think this is great, but I was actually hoping for an actual office to show up to and to work with a team. I wanted to learn from a team and be taught, not just work on my own. I also wanted a reason to move to a particular area or city- right now I have no direction on where to go and that's weird for me.

However, this place seems like a really good idea because I'd be working as many hours as I can handle and the pay is grrrrrreat. They said they'll start me off on about 10 hours a week and hopefully move up from there.

So I'll have to get another part time which kinda sucks because I will also be working with a business partner on another web/graphic design business. I'm the kind of person who likes a steady paycheck while showing up to an actual office. I also like health insurance and benefits which I won't be getting. So this is a little outside my comfort zone.

Anyway, I think this will be a good move and I will probably be signing the papers to join the company today! Praise God! Dakujem Jezis! Here's our site:

http://iadvertizing.com/

0 comments: