Sorry I've been such a putz about writing on this thing. I dunno what's wrong with me. I think I spent so much time writing on it before because I had very large chunks of time to write with nothing else to do and I had more time to look into new subjects to talk about. It's also a lot easier for me to be reflective and write about things when I feel like my life is falling apart. Lately I haven't felt that way, and my peace hasn't provoked any writing because of it.

Tonight though, as I'm sitting here at my kitchen table which is actually in the living room a few minutes before midnight, I'm feeling a little sad. Not because anything bad has happened, actually I can't explain why I'm feeling like this. Someone asked me to find some pictures I took a while back, so I had to search around my external hard drive to find them. While looking at all these pictures I'm reminded of people I love so much and the good times we've had. (Below....) I remember all of the moments that I took those photos or were in the photos. I miss my friends from the States a lot right now. Sometimes I want to say some joke or do something that certain people would find funny or understand. (Like quotes like, "Ande's Racecar!" or "COME 'ERE OTIS!" or "That is hilARIOUS.")

Not that those times and places were perfect, and I don't necessarily wish to go there right now because I really am happy here at the moment--but I do miss those people. At the same time though, I see pictures of my friends who live close to me here and I even miss them too! That's just silly. I'm in one of those moods where I'd rather be around people I like instead of myself. There's a line from a song that's been relevant lately... actually nevermind. I think it's one of those times where I know nothing else to do but try and get through a prayer and sleep, hoping to feel better in the morning. Goodnight.







5 comments:

Monica Gamez said...

I'm sure your friends miss you just as much chica! I was thinking about something similar the other day. Even though you have your friends you see on a daily basis, sometimes it's just nice to be able to joke around with an old friend about something only the two of you know about. It's just not the same when you have to explain why "goody grease" is hilarious. :)

Post when you can and stay warm! I miss the snow but I'm kinda glad I'm not walking or driving in it anymore. :)

Anonymous said...

yo! jodeo will be married on the 14th!!!

asmithereens said...

Hey you're supposed to feel a lil' homesick...it's totally norm. I felt it about 2-3 months into the term. Tell me what I can do. I have Skype but I have to get a mic for it...so I suck. I miss you too, your cute giggle at stuff NObody else laughs at me for....NObody. You're moving back down here after right? I got some kids that need your creativity and cookin'. I love you Ande. Stay strong.

asmithereens said...

Hey you're supposed to feel a lil' homesick...it's totally norm. I felt it about 2-3 months into the term. Tell me what I can do. I have Skype but I have to get a mic for it...so I suck. I miss you too, your cute giggle at stuff NObody else laughs at me for....NObody. You're moving back down here after right? I got some kids that need your creativity and cookin'. I love you Ande. Stay strong.

Craig Sowder said...

Thanks for posting those pics... I miss you a lot. You need to get your arse back here sometime.

Oh, and I thought it was "Ande's Racehorse", not racecar???