The other week during English classes here at the Building, we asked our students if they could travel anywhere for however long, where would it be? Since I like my answer, I thought I'd share it with you.

If I had my druthers, I would like to travel with 3 people in a large "African Style SUV" like the one below for at least 1-2 months completely around Africa. Yeah, an African road trip. Starting in Egypt, through Ethiopia, down to Cape Town, South Africa, around to the eastern side so I could visit that tiny Spanish speaking African country (yes it exists), over on the horn through Benin and up to Morocco, ending in Egypt again.



As for supplies all I would want are a few pairs of clothes fit for hot and cold weather, my chacos and my boots, my camera equipment, a notebook, and a big bag for all the souvenirs my heart desires. I would prefer that at least one of those other 3 people were Africans themselves and knew how to speak some languages, how to drive in Africa and how to get us out of trouble, etc.

Yep, that's my dream vacation. What's yours?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have loads, firstly, the big idea is that eventually i want to visit all the continents. But actual dream places i have are Iceland- and we're going there for honeymoon, so yyyyupieee :) and second is road trip as well, and graeme and are planning to do it around the time when hes done with his PhD but doesnt have a job yet, and its Deep Sounth roado trip :P meaning, well fly into south carolina, buy a car, go to georgia, florida, alabama, mississippi, lousiana, texas, new mexico, arizona and californiaaaaa, where well sell the car and fly back. the whole point is to visit the small crazy wicked towns that have no names and 54 citizens, where there peolple know each others names.. sleep in the car/ or motels, eat in third class diners, play guitar on the street, make loadsa videos, and just have it as long as it takes! :) aaah :) i cant wait..